Movable Ink is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form whether online or in-person. Sexual language and imagery are not appropriate for any conference venue, including pre-conference activities and the afterparty. Conference participants violating these rules may be asked to leave the event without a refund.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Disparaging comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion.
- Sexual images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation or stalking
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviors
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, event organizers retain the right to take any actions to keep the event a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from the conference (with no refund).
Event organizers may take action to redress anything designed to, or with the clear impact of, disrupting the event or making the environment hostile for any participants.
We expect participants to follow these rules at all event venues and event-related social activities.
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible. Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of our event for everyone. We want you to be happy at our event. People like you make our event a better place.
You can make a report by:
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, which is monitored by select event staff members
- Submitting an anonymous report: movableink.ethicspoint.com, which is monitored by Movable Ink HR
- Call our ethics hotline: 1-844-765-6707
- Contacting a staff member, identified by Event Staff lanyards
When taking a personal report, our staff will ensure you are safe and cannot be overheard. They may involve other event staff to ensure your report is managed properly. We understand that sharing details can be upsetting, but we will do our best to ensure you feel comfortable and safe. In addition, you can bring a person of your choosing to support you as you report the incident. Your report will be confidential and under no circumstances will you be asked to confront anyone related to the incident.
Our team will be happy to help you contact hotel/venue security, local law enforcement, local support services, or otherwise assist you to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.